Friday, May 17, 2013

Comm graphics

I am going to use my last post to quickly do a run down of the semester for Communication Graphics.

Coming in to this class I had some kind of idea of what kind of work I would be doing and what would be expected from me. Being on the computer and working with the different programs and seeing what we can and can not do on photo shop and In design.

Overall I liked the class and recommend to any communication major. They don't necessarily need to be a graphic design major or anything of that sort but I think this class gives you an introduction on hands on work on designing and how to use the programs.

The first project we did is the one that I am most proud of. It was fun brainstorming ideas and then bringing them to life. It was a challenge to use shape, line, pattern, space, value and color. I was very happy about it and I believe my class mates were impressed with it as well. The next project that I did that I am also proud of is my brochure. I like being able to open peoples eyes to my culture and what not. I feel like the east coast does not get much of diverse when it comes to things like that. Of course you see tattoos left and right but those are tattoos you see every day. The Samoan tattoos have traditions and meaning.

One thing I would recommend that the class could use is maybe have a quiz on functions or shot cuts so people would not be asking the same questions over and over again. I know sometimes it happens and I found myself asking the same question but after messing around with shortcuts that I know I was able to figure it out.

Overall the class is fun and interesting. Even as the weather was becoming nice outside I still found myself coming to class because I really liked learning things in photo shop and in design. That can take part because of the professor on making the environment fun to come to every Tuesday and Thursday nights!

Thank you Amy!

1 comment:

  1. Puka, I love the comment about coming to class because it was fun! Wow! That is great. You ended up making some very good work in class and I hope that you'll continue your study of design and use the skills you learned. Stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete