Sunday, May 12, 2013

Project 3

Project three was pretty hectic. I started pretty late on the assignment so off the back time was against me. My original idea for this project was to do something that evolves around being fit, working out or something along those lines. But as I started to work on this theme for a class and a half I ran into a huge problem!! All my ideas were already taken from Nike and Gatorade ads. So I had to scratch that idea.

My next idea was going to be about Dooms day preppers. The poster was going to be set up with black background, and in bold letters say Dooms day preppers. Below that would say "Don't come running to me when the shit hits the fan" The phrase would be in bold letters that were stretched and made more bold. The reason I wanted it to be more bold was that the phrase and title would have a picture of a nuclear explosion going off in the type face. As you were reading "Dooms Day Preppers. Don't come running to me when the shit hits the fan" you were able to see the image on a larger scale. But that idea was shot down by Amy so I had one more class and the weekend to come up with a good idea.

I eventually settled on a topic that I have been following real close which involves North Korea and the United Nations. So for this I started with a black background and kind of used the idea of 1+1=2. So I started off with some kind of symbolic picture of North Korea, whether it be the flag or the face of Kim Jong-Un then I would have the plus symbol and some kind of picture of a nuclear device or the nuclear symbol. I ended up with a picture of a mobile long range missile launcher. After that I had the equal sign of a skull. At the bottom of the poster in white lettering it said "Stop North Korea from obtaining Nukes"

The message I was trying to get across was that if we do not put strict regulation against North Korea, they could possibly start another world war. It is a topic that I follow because my dad is in the military and also because I think most people do not take this topic very serious.



North Korea + Nuclear missiles = Death/Destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment