Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Exercise 5: Amelia Earhart

This exercise was actually quite fun and wish as a class we could of spent more time on this exercise. I have actually downloaded several photo shop applications and tried to learn on my own but there is just way to much to learn and I really did not have the patient to sit and learn everything through books and websites!

The exercise was fairly simple to follow both through Amy's instructions and by reading the instructions through the book. First we had to crop the girls head out of the picture, which I feel bad about! Then we had to crop out a piece of the flag and replace the ladies head. Once we got that, we had to use the clone tool to blend the part of the flag with the rest. This tool was actually pretty cool and fun to use. Grabbing bits of pieces through out the flag and placing them with the new one. I think I did a pretty fare job if I say so myself.

The next thing we had to do was to open a picture of Amelia Earhart and crop her head and place it in the original picture with the other women. Once Earhart head was placed in the picture we had to turn the picture black and white. Once the picture was made into black and white I had to use the burn tool to make Earhart's black and white picture blend in with the original black and white picture.

Like I said earlier in the post, I wish we spent more time using photo shop in this way, imposing images onto others. Maybe we could make some pictures have subliminal messages or images in the picture.

Recommendation for next semester maybe use photo shop and attempt to create your own subliminal message within the image. I think that would be a fun project. For critiques you can have each student hold their poster up and have class mates guess at the message and the person with the board can give clues.

Just a suggestion... take it or leave?! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment